Wednesday, March 26, 2014

PYSANKY the colourful art of decorating Easter Eggs

this beautifully decorated egg came from the Ukraine when my daughter went over there a couple of years ago for a running marathon! because of these spectacularly decorated eggs i became inspired to try it. so i bought a kit and proceeded to teach myself and my kids to create a work of art. hence the result of that.


these were done years ago when my children were small. so i got out the kit once more this year and had three of my four grandchildren over this weekend and taught them this art.



and this is their creations


two on the left was done by my oldest grandson, the next one by my 7yr old grandson ( he wanted to make fire) and i think he managed that nicely and the last one by my grand daughter. they enjoyed learning the art and enjoyed themselves a great deal and so did i! :)










4 comments:

  1. I did not even realize that you have such a beautiful blog. I have been following your poetry blog, which is beautiful in it's own way
    This post is specially beautiful. People have heard of Special egg decorators. Now I can say that I know a blogger friend who does this. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Munir! I am happy you like this blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the eggs! I've always wanted to learn this. I had an aunt who made hundreds of Pysanki eggs. It's great the kiddos are learning it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lisa! it's a lot of fun and easy to do! hope you give it a try!

      Delete